Monday, March 12, 2012

brother

the crucible screams,
some sudden injustice, some unwarned returned untuned incidence behind the story of hopelessness, the resistance to pain and apathy,
I smiled, waiting,
I knew this day would come, but didn’t believe it,
only that to get here there are no roads,
and here words have no meaning
and eyes do not see
it was only a dream
it was exactly as it seemed
a couple of odd chances washed up on the shore of no return,

but curtains they don’t sleep
and what do they mean
everyone knows within knows the ghost
but for memories all hid differently
we all had the same reasons

and ask is the rain sad
does it tatoo itself to remind itself of the night
does it wait patiently and get tired of us eventually

with all our now emptyness and the endings left unsaid
silence and sympathy
risky enough
to hold hands
close enough to know the difference
just a couple of secrets washed up on the shore of immediacy of equality

she sleepwalks double zeros to get back home again
but can’t open the door
she doesn’t need those cherry blossoms anymore
just a couple of quiet wishes washed up on the shore of her insistence

no one notices them there in their loneliness
their time of usefulness is over,
so they try to hold back the tide without knowing
they’ll hold out for anything
for they can not lie
they have only their insides
and if I heard it once I’d listen a thousand times
a couple of distances washed up on the shore of never never

take the dream out
live each others you
I thought it would at least let me know
but that was not its beauty
it did not begin with that

I wonder
did it carry
or did it bend around

I thought I was the only pretender
who multiplied to see what it was made of

always ended up
sold at auction to the lowest bidder
for an unscratchable fantasy
non locality arrives like the matrix and just in time

but I wouldn’t look into the mirror
because
I could never be forgiven
never thought I’d be dependant
for I alone could only promise and still believe

No comments:

Post a Comment