Saturday, July 27, 2013

ahhh

Early morning rising heat, Lifting last nights heaviness of wine and dreams, Warmth in floating breezes, An easy, leisurely, soft mixing of cool shadows into day, Finds the scent of the apricot tree, Syrupy, concentrated, hanging fruit in the dry morning warmth, Velvety and sticky clouds of drifting aroma, Green tea in a large clear glass, Clarifying and refined, I take small sips to gently wake my tender insides, To entice them to join in the wonder, Ripe fruit on the ground, And a mostly still atmosphere, I sit with the heavy spreading branches carrying this seasons bounty, Leaves and wings, Here I am held deeply and gently, And here I wait, patiently, easily and still, For my baby told me to, One must go to the gaps at times, And love the solitude there. It is the only place to make any kinds of connection. To find ease in the place of beginnings and endings, And take solace there. And fall through the cracks, To know of ways in and out, To know how the breath works, To find the great tide, branches touch the ground, And lips and tongues can just open to the taste, To greater gaps, Just knowing, The dream into the seed, To incubate her butter bean bouquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment