Wednesday, September 18, 2013

inside outside

This spinning heart, Measuring the weight in my chest, By my mothers warnings I spun in top secret galaxies, waiting for the day I would touch each star with my orbit, A turn of elderberry, Dust to sand to form, To water born, Measuring the tide from the ocean floor, The pounding in my head, I measure with earphones wired to the morning star, And take the clipped to stowaway with places I burn, To wait for the release of a fury from the shore, Measuring the journey by a thousand endings that are never close enough to my heart, Measuring the darkness by thin tiny steps, frayed divisions, and the edges of clouds under the moon, These timely bones, Bear the densities of a thousand re-entries into fear, Measuring this birth with a thousand deaths, Measuring these eyes with the thousand rings around an emptiness, The finest threads to know the exact moment of the sunset, When the shadow of the earth begins to rise, Extract the finest shavings of transparent despair, So that the first twilight stars can show through them, In beautiful constellations, These lips measuring the rain, By the taste of their salty curtains extinction, Attempt to soften the pain of the course betrayal by gravities angel, These hands are the hands of ghosts, Measuring loneliness by their longing for snowflakes to melt,

1 comment:

  1. I understand . This is work of and about the spirit ,the soul ,tender and exposed . I know .
    in grace ,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete