Thursday, September 12, 2013

i think she heard me

The river swung wide tonight, Fruit fell silently through the garden, Early for the evening, Early for the season, Early for my years, So I just leave the fruit on the ground, And blow a kiss to those who have gone, The clouds grow out of the darkening sky, And seem larger than their opaque beginnings, Windows in the night, Little aquariums she left by my bedside, Sitting in a cross wind between things I will never outgrow, Call it by various names, But it transcends my humanity, And through it I find the only dignity, Humility, Returning to stillness, To see in the way of the ancients, Doorways of dripping pearlescent sulphur tinged floating sapphire tears, reveal a series of satellites leading to the formation of a prayer circle in my hands, The colors clings to me, I am a landscape without directions, Commonality of all surfaces, skins, Thin delicate folds, forwarnings, worn threads, thoroughfares, The familiarity of risk, if footsteps in emptiness could be mine, My ending, My discovery of everything I believe, My intention, Turning the tide of conditioned reality, Golden whispers fathom the stillness, Perfectly unfulfilled, A world that is no world,

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy this and I love the line "the little aquariums she left by my bed," yum...

    ReplyDelete