Saturday, January 18, 2014

please

Morning bitters, re-calibrating loss, the after taste of faint images, dreams caught in my veins, Complex haze of filtering layers, part of me submerged, part looking to the open sky, Part microcosm, part macrocosm, part timeless, part of time, Interwoven, To reveal all the rough, tight, holdings and entrapments clearly, When eyes turn to a softer light, To carry places that won’t let go, with larger space, clearer knowledge, To unlock the programs and ticking of tracking mechanisms hidden in a deeply recessed corner that is overlooked, Where a great war wages in a great fire, Protect my eyes; guide them with Your light, into Your sky, A place to turn around, Into your fields of glory and benevolent sun, Where all come to awaken, discovering at last how to renounce ego drives, where edges do not cling, The eye finally closes completely on itself, And begins to return home to the ocean of tears, Endless waves of silent night, eternal ways of starry crossings, Only fingertips show the way Touching the veil, unknowingly, The poem offers my self, opens deep distilled moments of equinoxes and solstices, and in between them, the interpretation of change, Rooms within rooms, like after images in twilight, drifting about, To a new home, with deeper set windows of finer transparencies, take me to that last infinitesimal distance, help me cross over to Your domain, not a location, but a dwelling place of such subtlety, that only pure and free desires exist there. Nothing can invade there, You are the only thing that holds me, I know a comfort from my bones to my skin, Put my heart in Your sky, lift me with candlelight, and play me with Your songs of freedom, And when I fall, let me fall with Your rain, with Your softness, back to simple knowing of my own truth, that I can accept at last with grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment